RealClearDefense Evening Edition
Thursday, December 18China Tests ICBM with Multiple Warheads
- Bill Gertz, Free BeaconDefense Hawks vs. Budget Hawks
- Jerry Hendrix, National InterestThe Littoral Combat Ship: One Big Mistake?
- James Goldrick, StrategistFrench Foreign Legion Keeps Luring Americans
- Dan Lamothe, Wash PostCatch and Release in the Land of Two Rivers
- Craig Whiteside, WOTR
Wednesday, December 17Don't Worship at the Altar of Andrew Marshall
- Michael Desch, Natl IntTech, Timing, Threats & the U.S. Surface Fleet
- Seth Cropsey, RCDefenseArmy Deserter Jailed for Chasing Conflicts
- Dave Philipps, NY TimesWill We Ever Try the 9/11 Mastermind?
- Tim Mak, Daily BeastTorture in a Savage War of Peace
- Alistair Horne, War on the Rocks
Monday, December 15America's Military: Crushing Deployment Tempo
- David Larter, MilTimesAttacking ISIS from an American Aircraft Carrier
- Eric Schmitt, NY TimesCIA Agents: How Real Is "Homeland?"
- Cogan & MacGaffin, Daily BeastWargaming for Innovation
- Information DisseminationCongress Reworks the Procurement Budget
- McLeary & Peniston, DN
Friday, December 125 Things No One Told Me About Being an Air Force Pilot
- Nick Bente, T&PThe Making of a Drone Pilot
- Valerie Insinna, National DefenseDestroying the Myth of Minimum Deterrence
- Payne & Costlow, Natl IntAllen's Heavy Rucksack in the Fight Against ISIS
- David Ignatius, WaPoLessons in Stoic Leadership
- Jesse Burroughs, Proceedings MagazineWhat Next for the National Guard?
- Bryan Rozman, War on the RocksGerman Soldiers Don't Trust Their Battle Rifle
- Till Rimmele, WIBMcCain, Torture Report & the Revolutionary War
- Daniel Dolan, USNIThe U.S. Needs a New Church Committee
- Michael German, Defense OneA Torture Report from the Dustbin
- John Yoo, New York Daily News
Tuesday, December 9Ex-CIA Directors: Interrogations Saved Lives
- Wall Street JournalDoes Torture Work? A Look at Eight Cases
- Apuzzo, Park & Buchanan, NYTObama's Long Arc on Torture
- Josh Gerstein, PoliticoThe Most Lethal Air Forces on the Planet
- Kyle Mizokami, National InterestThe Dragon Pours Concrete
- David Lewton, Air Force MagazineRealist Troika: Nixon, Kissinger & the Shah
- Behnam Ben Taleblu, WOTRLet Russia Be Russia
- Shlomo Ben-Ami, Project SyndicateMoving Mountains in Cyber War
- Sydney Freedberg, Breaking DefenseWhere Are the Citizen Soldiers?
- Will McGee, Proceedings MagazineSpanning the Civilian-Military Gap
- Nathan Finney, Task & Purpose
Monday, December 8Killer in the Sky: Russia's Deadly Su-35 Fighter
- Dave Majumdar, Natl IntPast & Future of Offset Strategies
- Michael Horowitz, War on the RocksArming Baghdad Without Also Arming ISIS
- Adam Rawnsley, WIBISIS Has a Message. Do We?
- Jamie Dettmer, Daily BeastHow al-Qaeda Works Like the Boy Scouts
- Jim Tankersley, Wash Post