RealClearDefense Evening Edition
Monday, November 24Inside the Hagel Meltdown
- Shane Harris & Tim Mak, Daily BeastChuck Hagel: The Fall Guy
- David Rothkopf, Foreign PolicyHagel's Resignation Underscores Defense Rifts
- Ewing & Epstein, PoliticoWhat Chuck Hagel Got Right
- Michael O'Hanlon, Wall Street JournalThe Hagel Opportunity
- Thomas Donnelly, Weekly StandardAchieving Strategic Excellence in Army University
- Robert Scales, WOTRA NATO Fighter?
- Aaron Mehta, Defense NewsHow U.S. Weapons Fall Into Terrorists' Hands
- C. Friedersdorf, Atlantic6 Ways to Resist China's Salami-Slicing Tactics
- Robert Haddick, TNIThoughts on Salami Tactics & Diplomatic Offramps
- Info. Dissemination
Thursday, November 20Winning Battles, Losing Wars
- James Dubik, Army MagazineWhy Neocons Should Love West Point Even More
- Dan Drezner, WaPoThe Army Has Lost the Art of Leadership
- Task & PurposeThe Real Problem with the U.S. Air Force
- Robert Farley, National InterestCheap Oil Tilts Geopolitical Power to U.S.
- Rich Miller, BloombergWhat a Realist Foreign Policy Looks Like
- Robert Kaplan, StratforThe Missing Middle in U.S. Coercive Options
- War on the RocksIraq Needs Weapons But Can It Keep Them?
- Ratnam & Brannen, FPDrone Strikes Never Kill "Humans"
- Conor Friedersdorf, The AtlanticAssassination & the American Language
- Elliot Ackerman, New Yorker
Wednesday, November 19The Pentagon's Budget Dilemma
- Kate Brannen, Foreign PolicyThe Drone War in Pakistan
- Steve Coll, New YorkerThe Rise of Wheeled Combat Vehicles
- Loren Thompson, Early WarningThe Foreign Policy of a Failed Presidency
- George Friedman, StratforObama's Revival in Foreign Policy
- Nicholas Burns, Boston Globe18 Maps That Explain Maritime Security in Asia
- CSISManaging Indo-Pacific Crises
- Collin & Baruah, The DiplomatIs This the Start of a New Intifada?
- Michael Tomasky, Daily BeastVerifying Nuclear Tests Helped End the Cold War
- Steve Weintz, WIBArtists: America's Overlooked Strategic Asset
- August Cole, WOTR
Tuesday, November 18Top 5 Foreign Policy Lessons of the Last 20 Years
- Stephen Walt, FPJoining & Betraying al-Qaeda: A How-To Guide
- Ioannis Mantzikos, WOTRBold Alligator Goes Off-Script, on Purpose
- Sydney Freedberg, BDISIS: We Nabbed an Iranian Drone
- Jacob Siegel, Daily BeastPentagon's New Offset Strategy Includes Robots
- Patrick Tucker, Defense 1Time for a 21st Century Acquisition Strategy
- James Carafano, Natl IntWar Museums, What Are They Good For?
- Jack McDonald, Kings of WarDetention at Guantanamo Grinds On
- Carol Rosenberg, Miami Herald"The Last Patrol" a Haunting Eulogy for "Restrepo"
- Matthew Gault, WIBH.R. McMaster's Remarkable Veterans Day Speech
- Defense in Depth
Monday, November 17Is Obama Done Playing Footsie with Assad?
- Michael Tomasky, Daily BeastStop Fearing Iran, Back the Free Syrian Army
- Shahbandar & Pregent, D1ISIS-al Qaeda Alliance & U.S. Strategic Myopia
- Jessica Schulberg, TNRThe Strategy Behind ISIS's Brutality
- Zack Beauchamp, VoxThe Horror! The Horror! The Trauma of ISIS
- Roger Cohen, NY TimesEight Men & One Gun on the Iraqi Front
- Elliot Ackerman, New YorkerDealing with Putin
- Robert Blackwill & Dimitri Simes, National InterestThe Gray Line: The Model of a Postmodern Military
- Jason Fritz, WOTRA Psychologist Reassured the Stealth Fighter Pilots
- David Axe, WIBWhat the Future of the Navy Should Look Like
- Davidson & Ehrlich, CFR